Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I was using Phallosan penis extender that uses suction cup/

Customer Question
bell at penis head. I...
I was using Phallosan penis extender that uses suction cup/ bell at penis head. I had it on for 3-4 hours like I usually do and noticed that the rubber protector broke and my penis head was swollen, cold, and numb. It's a day later and I have feeling when I touch the penis but it feels different. Its very small and feels tight. It's has sort of a throbbing painful feeling. I have been unable to get an erection in last 24 hours since this happened (not sure if it's from the stress of the situation) any suggestions on if this will improve or am I in trouble
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Urology
7/6/2016
Urologist: Dr. David, MD replied 1 year ago

This is Dr. David

most likely you will improve with time

time will tell.

you should not be using a penis extender and suction to try to enlarge your penis.

this is very dangerous and you can damage small nerves and blood vessels in your penis which cause you to loose erections for many weeks to months or longer.

your penis should return in time and get better

let me know if you have other questions.

Urologist: DrRussMd, Board certified internist replied 1 year ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist

Hello

Go straight to the ER

We can not tell how much damage there is.

You need an exam now.

Damage without intervention from a urologist can be long term.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

This is Dr. David

I was the first expert to help you.

did you see my response above

you are probably embarrassed to see a doctor for what you have been doing to your penis.

truthfully, if you went to the ER or if you saw a urologist, there is not a lot they can do for you

they would make sure you could urinate and if you could urinate, they would tell you to go home and avoid sex and use an ice pack or cold pack on your penis.

it sounds like you most likely are able to urinate through your penis, correct?

you can use an ice pack or cold pack from the refrigerator wrapped in a towel on your penis.

this can help decrease swelling for now.

the body has an amazing way to heal itself.

I bet you will be getting morning erections in a few days.

avoid sex and masturbation for now.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Hello

I am a double board certified clinical doctor, US, doctor.

We don't know what happened here, as we can not examine you.

You might have aggravated a developing problem, or you might have done damage.

Nerve, damage, vascular [blood vessel damage].

In the old days, doctors took a watch and wait approach to penile damage.

Studies showed that this had bad outcomes.

Urological/doctor evaluation promptly, and intervention if needed, is standard of care.

Whether you can be or not is not a refined measurement of what is going on.

Go get this evaluated.

Urology would be best, ***** *****'t put it off.

Please click a positive rating on this page only if you want be to get credit.

Find Dr. Thomas by request any time for accurate , safe and up to date answers.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What treatment options are there if I do go in to get it looked at. Won't they just tell me to let it heal on its own?

Not necessarily.

It depends on what they find.

If there is vascular damage, they would repair it in some cases.

If there is damage to the tissues they would give you specific medicine for that, and so on.

They can reduce inflammation , for example, far more effectively than ICE.

In any case, to say it is something that can heal on its own requires a physical examination, in person.

You had enough concern to ask, you can't get an erection, you have numbness, etc. This is a medical evaluation, not sit at home and do self help.

Embarrassament or not, be safe, act on the safe side.

Please click a positive rating.

Come back and let me know how it goes.

This is Dr. David

I was the first expert to help you.

most urologist would allow you time to heal first to see if your erections to come back on its own.

vascular damage would also be allowed to heal on its own.

there are no real medications to help heal damaged tissue in the penis.

time is the best healing for trauma to the penis

and in most cases erections will come back

the urologist will be most concerned about your ability to urinate.

if you are able to urinate, that is the most important thing.

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com

Dr. David, MD