How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrThomasMd Your Own Question
DrThomasMd, Board certified internist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 64330
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
DrThomasMd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think that I have developed a condition under the foreskin

Customer Question

I think that I have developed a condition under the foreskin of the penis that might have become infected. I was prescribed a cream to treat genital warts that did not work but did burn very badly. I have some bleeding and a yellow discharge. I am new to the area and am 78 years old. I was told by my dermatologist that I might need to be circumcised.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dr Stan here to help you today. You have tried multiple treatments that have failed. A circumcision would remove the foreskin allowing healing to occur on the shaft of your penis. You should be evaluated by a Urologist who can perform this procedure under local anesthetic. I hope this is helpful and your problem is resolved quickly. I am here to answer any additional questions you may have. I am compensated only after you provide a positive rating for me. Thanks foe allowing me to help.

Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 1 year ago.


With bleeding and yellow discharge, at this point, you do not want to wait for a urologist, which could take days to weeks, and you do not want to let such an infection go on.

This will make surgery more difficult, and can cause more scarring.

Go to urgent care now.

a. Have this cultured for the lab.

b. Get an antibiotic immediately.

c. Follow up with the lab to make sure the antibiotic covers the main bug infecting this.

I am a double board certified US doctor.

Find me anytime for correct answers.

Please click a positive rating.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here