Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician
Experience:  General Physician, PGCSD
6740150

Concerned about Peyronie disease. My Penis is curved to left

Customer Question

Concerned about Peyronie disease. My Penis is curved to left when flaccid and erect but there is no pain at all.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.

Thank you for attaching the picture.

I have seen the picture.

The symptoms you have described & the curve of penis to left side when flaccid and erect

sounds to be due to a condition called Peyronie's disease.It is an abnormal curve or bend in the penis during an erection.It happens because of development of hard, fibrous layer of scar tissue (plaque).The plaque develops on the upper or lower side of the penis in layers containing erectile tissue.When the penis is erect, the scar tissue pulls the affected area off at an angle.This causes the curve in penis.

The treatment varies from prescription medications & intralesional injection(shot directly into the scar tissue) to the surgery.

So I advice you to consult your urologist for the physical examination & hence the best treatment option will be decided accordingly.

Hope this helped

Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to me

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer

Is there anything else that you would like to know. , I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I don't have any pain
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

As you do not have any pain or discomfort,treatment is not required.

Treatment is required only if your penis prevents you from having sex or you feel pain or other discomfort.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is PD curable? And how long will it take
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much curvature is considered to be peyronie
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

There is no cure for Peyronie's disease; however, symptoms can be treated.Treatment includes medications,intralesional injection(that is the doctor would give you a shot directly into the scar tissue) like Verapamil,Interferon or collagenase or it is corrected by surgical treatment.Because the symptoms of Peyronie's disease can improve without treatment,it is generally advised to wait for one to two years or longer before attempting to correct it surgically.

There is no specified curvature that is considered to diagnose Peyronie's disease.When there is development of fibrous scar tissue inside the penis that causes curved and/or painful erections-it is called Peyronie's disease.

As you do not have any pain or discomfort,treatment is not required.You just need to wait & watch your symptoms.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh