Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I had a small and random bump show up on the shaft of my penis 2.5 days ago. It does not itch, hurt, burn...

Customer Question
Hi, I had a small and...
I had a small and random bump show up on the shaft of my penis 2.5 days ago. It does not itch, hurt, burn, or have any real sensation. I have noticed no other bumps or anything else around it. No trouble urinating, no headaches, no fever, etc. I have had no new sexual partners. Am concerned given where it is, and it coming out of no where. It may just be a pimple (has gotten a bit smaller) but am concerned.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Urology
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did my best to take a picture can try another if needed
6/19/2016
Urologist: Anthony Bray MD, Physician / Family Practice replied 1 year ago
Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Physician / Family Practice

It looks like a mere pimple ...a simple infection under the skin just as you may get any other area ..

I would start with applying Neosporin cream twice a day and watch this ....

I expect that it will clear up over the course of a week...

The appearance and your history do not suggest an STD ..

I would have more concern if it expanded or you had multiple bumps appear or blisters developed ..

I think it will clear within about 1 week time frame ..

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have not had a new sexual partner in years (am in a committed relationship). Is there any STD concern? I know without physically examining hard to say, but how confident are you that it is a pimple? Apologies, just a bit jarring to see a bump there as have never had one. I don't see any other bumps, marks, etc anywhere else.

Hello again,

It does not look like herpes or chlamydia or gonorrhea or syphilis of molluscum contagiousum or a genital wart ...

It does not present as any STD ...

It appears as a routine common pimple and the short term history that you have noted fits with this as well.

So try to relax as to the STD worry...

I think routine treatment with an antibacterial cream or ointment and a short period of time to watch this heal up is all that you need here

I hope that this helps!

Take Care ,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
got it. will keep an eye on it and I appreciate the quick answer. Apologies, just jarring to see and have been very worried

Hi again,

No need to apologize ! It is a common concern !

Take Care !

Anthony Bray MD

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hey, had a quick question...this has mostly resolved but there is still a small bump. Nothing new; other bumps, pain, discharge, etc. but wanted to make sure still felt as though this was benign?
I think benign ...just a pimple type ...a typical skin infection ...it clears up and sounds that it is doing better but just some residual inflammation ...that sounds typical ....it is only the location in this instance that makes it worrisome to you ...
I hope that this is helpful for you
Let me know if I may be of further help
Take care,
Anthony Bray MD
Please remember to leave positive feedback on this thread .That allows me to get credit . Thank you. Take care!
Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD