How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dr abid Your Own Question
dr abid
dr abid, Board Certified Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 5985
Experience:  I have ten years experienced to handle patients of different specialities inc;uding Urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
dr abid is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Concerned that my chronic bacterial prostatitis, which was

Customer Question

Concerned that my chronic bacterial prostatitis, which was caused by a chlamydial infection 3 years ago, will cause complications for my female partner should we decide to get pregnant
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there ...

Thank you for the question ...

If you have Chronic Chlamydia infection and you got treatment for that with no evidence of active infection , you people can decide for pregnancy , if you are more concern than it would be ideal for you to have fresh test for Chlamydia to look for its activity , that will be best way to decide .

Regards .

Please rate my answer as good service .

Thanks .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have an active burning sensation in the urethra and an enlarged, soft prostate, but have a negative result on a test for chlamydia. is this still ok?
Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.

Yes if you have negative test than it is ok , this indicates that you have no active infection .

Regards .

Positive feedback will be appreciated .

Thanks .

Expert:  dr abid replied 1 year ago.

If you have active burning sensation than you should look for other infection like Genital Herpes .

Regards .