Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

Kidney problems what to do to control it

Customer Question
kidney problems what to do to control it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/12/2016
Urologist: Dr Basu, Board Certified Urologist replied 1 year ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Board Certified Urologist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

What type of kidney problem do you have?

What are you taking now?
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
high creatine 3.5

Ok so you have chronic kidney disease.

Chronic kidney disease is treated by following measures:

1. Please control your blood pressure around 130/80 or below.

2. Please take an ACE inhibitor like lisinopril to prevent protein leakage in the urine and protect kidney function.

3. Please control LDL cholesterol below 100 mg/dl

4. Treat your diabetes well if present.

5. Please maintain a good fluid balance --adjust intake with fluid loss.

6. Diet plays a vital role.

This is the link for more info:

http://www.vcuhealth.org/transplant/docs/renal_diet.pdf

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
This is the link to my profile:

Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Board Certified Urologist