How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMd Your Own Question
DrRussMd, Board certified internist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 65307
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
DrRussMd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I seem to experiencing some pain upon pressing the pubic

Customer Question

Hi pearl, I seem to experiencing some pain upon pressing the pubic bone area, I am a male age 30 yrs
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: When the press the area with my fingers that is when I feel the pain, it's been happening since yesterday I guess
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Urologist should know?
Customer: Had sex on Saturday, unprotected vaginal, with an unknown, I know that this could be all the problem and really scared about the same but I did not ejaculate inside for sure
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.


This is not a sign of any STD

In fact, mild trauma to the pubic bone, during sex, can cause this symptom.

Many people will have some pain when they press on their pubic bone, normally.

It is not a normal place to press.

I suggest you simply have an exam.

That said, unprotected sex is a problem, and you did not know the person.

You therefore are going to need HIV testing at some point.

I would also suggest a hepatitis screen.

Other STD testing depending on symptoms or not.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a little weird sort of sensation (no pain though) on my penis which I feel randomly, also kind of unusual but feel constipated today which could also be due to lack of sleep, I think it was last Friday the 3rd when I had sex and this pain has just started since yesterday, for the tests related to HIV and STD's when should I get these tests done as I read that HIV will not show up until 2 weeks and could take as long as 1-2 years to report in the tests
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

No, you can get an HIV at 3 weeks. RNA test.

It will be accurate.

YOu should have a urethra swab now for Gonorrhea and Chlamydia, although I doubt you have these.

Positive rating please.

Come back as needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I get the RNA test now itself, and if negative then do I need to repeat this test again after some time or I can be sure that I don't have it
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

You can get it at 3 weeks.

you don't need to repeat it.

Positive rating please: have not seen that.