How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 18765
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm getting an irritating sensation (not quite pain) in my

Customer Question

I'm getting an irritating sensation (not quite pain) in my rectum and I am having slow flow anyway when urinating and it's bothering me.
I also have painful ejaculations too so I am curious if it could be serious.!?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Since you have asked whether this could be serious, the answer is yes, but if you had asked whether the most likely cause would be a serious condition, the answer would be no. There are several other common problems that also may be the cause of these symptoms, and while not serious, these other conditions also warrant treatment.

From the perspective of potential serious conditions, it is possible that these symptoms could be related to cancer, either of the rectum or prostate. However, it is more common for these symptoms to be caused by benign conditions, such as hemorrhoids or anal fissures of causing the rectal irritation or benign enlargement of the prostate or an infection of the prostate causing the slow urinary flow and painful ejaculations.

The exact diagnosis would require a proper evaluation, and the first step would be seeing your primary care physician.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.

If you would like my assistance with any future questions, I can be reached through my profile at