How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20143
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 21 year old son has had severe testicle pain for over a

Customer Question

my 21 year old son has had severe testicle pain for over a year and every urologist says something different, from varicocele, hydrocele, and nerve damage, to everything is fine and he's just faking. no one can give us a clear reason as to why hes hurting. its interfering with his work and social life, he cant even sleep very often. the emergency room always has a different diagnosis also. all std tests have came back negative. no one can tell us why he's in pain. can you please help us or lead us in the correct direction for help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry your son has severe testicular pain.

I think he needs to see a different type of doctor.

he should see a neurologist to get a pelvic MRI scan and lower spine MRI scan to look for potential nerve problems causing his testicular pain.

he needs to be checked for hernias.

he should have an abdominal pelvic CT scan.

he should get a scrotal ultrasound which I'm sure he has had done.

has he seen a neurologist? or gotten a pelvic and lumbar spine MRI scan?