How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask khagihara Your Own Question
khagihara, Medical doctor
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 6590
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
khagihara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Looking urologist that can answer a question.

Customer Question

Looking for a urologist that can answer a question.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.
What is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A few years ago I was dx'd with phimosis and balanitis. I was given triamcinolone acetonide to help alleviate the symptoms and was offered a circumcision to help cure the aforementioned issues.I'm 35 and was wondering if a circumcision is warranted in this case. The medication did nothing and I told my physician that I would have to hold off on the surgery.There's still quite a bit of irritation and makes intercourse rather uncomfortable.I'd like to know if there are any OTC meds that I can use to alleviate the irritation and if at my age the surgery would be beneficial or not.I'm also looking into phalloplasty in the near future.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.
Phimosis can lead to infections, as well as cause painful urination and erections. A circumcision will help cure them. Unfortunately, there are no OTC medications. You should not have phalloplasty because studies have shown that the majority of men who undergo penis-enlargement surgery aren't satisfied with the results. At best, ***** ***** add half an inch (1 centimeter) to the length of the flaccid penis. At worst, surgery can result in complications such as infection, scarring, and loss of sensation or function.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So far there's no infection, just moderate to severe irritation. I can only have sex with a condom in place, and I'm married which makes things awkward for me, however my wife understands.What about the balanitis? I do wash myself everyday, but I use regular body soap. I'm assuming the soap can further the irritation?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.
Over aggressive hygiene measures with soaps can also trigger an inflammatory reaction. We suggest twice daily bathing of the affected area in saline and avoidance of chemical irritants . We also suggest hydrocortisone cream (1 percent) applied once or twice daily when symptoms are present.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Saline?! Oh I didn't think of that. But what kind because the only thing I can think of is contact solution, lol!And is the hydrocortisone available OTC or only through Rx?
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.
You can buy saline and hydrocortisone in a pharmacy without Rx.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Awesome!! Thank you, I'm hoping this can help.Ok last question, this one's kinda awkward :-/Im thinking about pulling the foreskin back so I can get "used" to the feeling of having the glans exposed especially while wearing clothes. Could this do more harm than good?Also, how many times a day should I apply the hydrocortisone?