Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

Urinalysis result and dipstick problem

Customer Question
Urinalysis result and dipstick problem
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Urology
5/9/2016
Urologist: DrRussMd, Board certified internist replied 1 year ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist

Hi]

what is the problem

what is your question?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi, doc...im a kinda of sensitive guy so I worry about my health a lot....I use urine dipstick provided by my doc to test my urine every month and in Jan 26th, I found there were two tiny green dots on the blood pad of the stick
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I compare to the chart and there is one pad showing lots of green dots with (non hemolysis +10).....but the green dots on my stick is definitely not that many....so i was not sure if its negative or positive???
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Rest of the pad on the stick are all fine....then I check my urine in the following days and sometimes it shows one or two green dots, sometimes it is completely negative no matter how concentrated the urine is.....so im in a big mass now

You would have to consider this negative.

There is no reason you should be doing this.

If you are concerned, have your doctor look under the microscope.

That will be accurate.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I went to my doc and did a Urinalysis and it came back saying the blood is negative, so they didnt refer me to do the microscopy...then I was worried about the foam I found in my urine, someone told me that it is protein and they said that my urinalysis result is incorrect since the SG is only 1.012, that patient told me it was not concentrated enough to detect the potential protein in urine....then I began to question the result accuracy
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
why do I have some much foam for every single urine??? I most certainly think the foam last for quite a while, but I never concerned it before since nobody told me that foam can indicate the protein....
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just saying, the foam is quite thick and last for 5 minutes or more so....

Hi

Foam means nothing.

I have reviewed 2 or 3 other questions in your history where you asked the same thing.

Your doctor is correct.

This is clearly a matter of anxiety or you are obsessing over this, for some reason.

The issue would be to treat the anxiety disorder, the OCD, the health fears, etc.

Whatever is behind this.

And, get rid of the dipsticks. It is not normal to be doing this for no reason.

For example, if your doctor had you doing it for a medical condition, that would be normal.

This is not.

Sorry to be blunt, but you can come back here over and over, and it is not going to address the problem no matter how much we tell you that you are OK.

DrRussMd
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist