How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Chaithanya Your Own Question
Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 798
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr Chaithanya is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have left flank pain that comes in waves. It will seem ok

Customer Question

I have left flank pain that comes in waves. It will seem ok and then a stabbing pain occurs, mainly when I am walking or getting up from a chair. It only hurts for a few seconds and then stops and starts again a few seconds later. My urinalysis, sonogram, blood, and CT scan were clear. Ultram and diclofenac aren't touching this pain. What could it be?  Is it possible that stones were missed in the scan? I have had this happen before (it seems that it occurred only when I was dehydrated) but it would resolve in a day after drinking LOTS of water and resting in bed. What is this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.


I'm Dr Chaithanya, experienced Physician attending you

The pain you are explaining is typical of kidney stones.

Yes, there are chances that stones can be missed in scans.

It is a spasmodic pain what you are having.

T. Buscopan can decrease the spasmodic pain

Repeat the scans after few weeks, say 6 to 8 weeks from the date of previous scan.

Keep drinking lot of fluids/water.

Any doubts ask me, or request to leave a positive rating, only then I'm compensated for the answer.

Best Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you a urologist?
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

General Physician experienced in urology

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Julie,

I request to leave a posiitve rating, so that I'm compensated for my time/answer

Best Regards