Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

Lack of semen after ejaculation, I had a bad case of

Customer Question
Lack of semen after ejaculation JA...
Lack of semen after ejaculation
JA: OK. The Urologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Urologist can help you best.
Customer: I had a bad case of epididymis 10+ years ago, every since this has been the case.
JA: Anything in this area seems awkward and painful so I really trust our Expert will find a solution for you fast. Is there anything else important you think the Urologist should know?
Customer: Sometimes it's a hard squirt, still only a small amount, sometimes just seeps out.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/4/2016
Urologist: Dr Basu, Board Certified Urologist replied 1 year ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Board Certified Urologist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Lack of ejaculation can be due to the prostate gland issue.
Enlarged prostate gland can prevent the semen from coming out.
Instead the semen can go to the bladder.
Sometimes, there is no emission at all.
So medication to relax the prostate gland may also help with the ejaculation.
Alfuzosin ( Uroxatral) is favored as it does not interfere with the ejaculation.
In cases of retrograde ejaculation, that is if the semen is going to the bladder, that improves with Sudafed tablets 1 hour before the sexual intercourse.

Another possibility can be due to the obstruction in the spermatic cords or at the epididymis.

This can be corrected with reconstructive surgery after confirmation.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Which would be the most common cause due to the epidimitus ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I not get a follow up question?

Duct blockage is the likely cause in your case.

However prostate issue also should be checked.

Best wishes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What does repairing this consist of?

That will consist of removing the obstruction like scar tissue and then repair the tube.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Would this be a common procedure?

Yes it should be a urologist.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Outpatient or is it extensive?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also, is this something insurance would cover?

can be done as same day surgery.

Insurance coverage depends on type of insurance.

The specialist will discuss with you about that before proceeding.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

Very welcome

Please reply with any follow up questions.
How will you rate our chat today? :)

Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Board Certified Urologist