How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20143
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A Question for Urologists: I currently wear a Foley

Customer Question

A Question for Urologists: I currently wear a Foley decatheter and the local urologist has done his part to help prevent infection. Further, he refused to change the Foley when it became clogged before the four-week replacement period!! Because of this unprofessional treatment, I decided to only visit the local hospital Emergency Room for my changes. I did get a better anti-biotic last month, doxycyclene, which has cleared up the precipitate commonly found in urine after 10-days use of a new Foley. But because of travel time with work and to reduce infection recurrence, I want to find a major hospital with several options to allow the removal of the Foley. Cleveland Clinic appears to be one with a large Urology staff and it has an excellent reputation. I read in Urology books that a stint is possible and also a heat treatment to remove tissue from the utheria to enable normal urination. Therefore, I need information regarding these two urology treatments?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

do you have any other medical issues?

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

still need help?