Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

Trying to get an idea of what my lab results is saying,

Customer Question
Trying to get an idea...
Trying to get an idea of what my lab results is saying
JA: OK. The Urologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Urologist can help you best.
Customer: Peal, my result 1 indicates a "Mixed urogenital flora". "25,000-50,000 colony forming units per mL.
JA: Is there anything else the Urologist should be aware of?
Customer: My geno said I had unusually higher amounts of blood in my urine and suggested I go visit a urologists.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Urology
4/29/2016
Urologist: Dr. David, MD replied 1 year ago

This is Dr. David

was this result from a urine culture?

if they were testing your urine, and if you didn't do a proper clean catch of your urine in mid stream, some of the urine could have touched your vaginal labial lips and cause some vaginal normal bacteria to get into your urine

you might need a cystoscopy to look inside of your bladder to find out why you are having blood in your urine

a small kidney stone, a small bladder stone, excessive alcohol use or caffeine use can irritate the bladder and cause a small amount of blood in your urine.

let me know if you have other questions.

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist