DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.
24257177

I had a penile cyst removed 24 hours ago. After the

Customer Question

I had a penile cyst removed 24 hours ago. After the procedure my penis was wrapped in gauze. I was asked to urinate after the surgery and I did with a steady and straight stream. That afternoon, I "sprayed" when I urinated. It was 2 streams and going sideways and straight. My urinations have been spraying ever since and this morning there is pain associated with urinating. Could this be caused by the gauze wrap, or is it a more likely cause of damage to the urethra?
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

Hi

You need follow up.

This can be a problem with the urethra and healing or scar tissue.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.