How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20143
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

63 year old nonalcoholic cirrhotic make seeking urologist

Customer Question

63 year old nonalcoholic cirrhotic white make seeking urologist who will perform bilateral hydrocelectomy (two very large hydroceles causing pain, difficulty with bathroom fuctions, and limited mobility) under LOCAL anesthesia. They are likely caused by transference of ascitic fluid from peritoneum through inguinal canals into Tunis vaginalis. I need to get this done before a hernia surgeon will repair my umbilical hernia and two small inguinal hernias. I do not esnt to be running all over to doctors in my condition only to find out they will not to the surgery. I've lived with issue now for 8 months and I am beginning to feel very frustrated and hopeless.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
male who lives in Florida zipcode 34994
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

why do you have to have it done under local anesthesia?

hernia surgery is not done under local anesthesia.

have you consulted with urologist yet?