How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20386
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Trying to decide if a visit to the ER is needed, have some

Customer Question

Trying to decide if a visit to the ER is needed, have some pain right side and burning when peeing, has been progressing all day, now passing some blood in urin. 60 y/o M....on blood thinners
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Are you passing blood clots?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Because you are on blood thinners, the safest thing to do would be to go to the ER. The blood thinners will make you continue to bleed and you can develop blood clots in the bladder which could prevent you from urinating. Hope this helps and I wish you well.