How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMd Your Own Question
DrRussMd, Board certified internist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 64653
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
DrRussMd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 46-year-old monogamous male. I have been having

Customer Question

I am a 46-year-old monogamous male. I have been having dysuria, increased frequency, increased urgency, and severe bladder spasms. This has been going on for several months now, though it has waxed and waned, typically only bothering me if I didn't drink enough water. Recently, my urine begin to smell bad. I bought a urine dipstick at Walgreens this weekend and it said I have a high level of leukocytes and a high level of nitrates in my urine.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is differential diagnosis?
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.


chronic prostatitis

urinary track infection

The former is much more likely

You need a urine culture after a prostate exam.

I would see a urologist if you can get to one fast enough, or an internist.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.