Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I have blood in semen and also coming dripping out during

Customer Question
bowel movement. I also...
I have blood in semen and also coming dripping out during bowel movement. I also have discomfort in my lower abdomen and groin area. Also, after urination, I feel kind of raw inside the urethra and still have urge to go again.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: I'm 50 years old.
JA: OK. The Urologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Urologist can help you best.
Customer: Well, I have had urinary issues off and on for the last 10 years - frequent urination, urges to go again afterwards, etc. A urologist prescribed cipro about 8 years ago for an acute case. It just comes and goes but I noticed the bleeding for the first time last week.
JA: Anything in this area seems awkward and painful so I really trust our Expert will find a solution for you fast. Is there anything else important you think the Urologist should know?
Customer: That is all I can think of at the moment
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Urology
3/25/2016
Urologist: DrRussMd, Board certified internist replied 1 year ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist

Hello

this sounds like acute prostatitis.

You need to see the doctor immdiately.

Cipro is not the best drug at this point.

I would ask for doxycicline.

If that is the diagnosis.

Bleeding also necessitates assessment of the bladder, and the entire track, testicles, etc.

See a urologist immediately.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is there a possibility of these symptoms being caused by something more serious like a tumor or cancer?

Yes that is possible.

But a urologist will rule these out.

Bladder scope, testicular exam, ultrasound, etc.

DrRussMd
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist