Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I have been getting a red like rash around my virginal and

Customer Question
Hi there I have been...
Hi there I have been getting a red like rash around my virginal and bottom for sometime now. It comes and goes, but I seem to get it all the time but not sure why. It's like shafing. When maybe skin is rubbing against each other. It does not hurt if I go to the toilet I thought it maybe because My painties might be tight, but it's not. It's not painful just uncomfortable. Please advise
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Urology
3/21/2016
Urologist: Dr Josh, Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician

Have you noticed foul smelling vaginal discharge?

Are you taking any pills?

Are you still getting periods?

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No to all above.

Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problems.

In your case, possible causes are-

1. Use of Chemical irritants - such as detergents, fabric softeners, feminine sprays, ointments, creams, douches, and contraceptive foams or jellies.

2. Vaginitis - It is inflammation, itching, discharge, and odor caused by other infections

3. Menopause -- the drop in estrogen causes thinning of the vaginal wall and less lubrication.

4. Stress - may increase vaginal itching and make you more susceptible to infections.

You can use following tips-

· Keep your genital area clean and dry. Use plain, unscented soap.

· Avoid colored or perfumed toilet tissue and bubble bath.

· Wear cotton panties or pantyhose with a cotton crotch. Avoid panties made from synthetic materials. For infants and toddlers, change diapers often.

· Change out of wet clothing, especially wet bathing suits or exercise clothing, as soon as possible.

· Avoid feminine hygiene sprays and douches.

· Cleanse by wiping or washing from front to back (vagina to anus) after urinating or having a bowel movement.

· Lose weight if you are over weight.

· Keep your blood sugars under good control if you have diabetes.

- You can take OTC Zyrtce once a day for one week.

- You can use betamethasone cream twice daily on affected part until the rash is gone.

Please follow above measures, and I am sure you would be free from symptoms in one week.

To be honest, it doesn't sound to be related with any serious issue and can be managed with measures, as advised above.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business

Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
How old are you? How long have you had this problem? Do you have a photo you can provide of the area?
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist