How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20385
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was in a bicycle accident and suffered an injury that tore

Customer Question

I was in a bicycle accident and suffered an injury that tore my urethra meatus. For the first few days it it hurt to urinate but that pain has subsided. I am now concern that the tear is getting larger. I plan to see a urologist but was wanting to get surgical information in regards ***** ***** the tear.
JA: Anything in this area seems awkward and painful so I really trust our Expert will find a solution for you fast. Is there anything else important you think the Urologist should know?
Customer: Also my urine stream does spray at times, other times it is a normal flow.
JA: Our top Urologist is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Urologist in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Urologist until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To specify the information I am seeking. I would like to know how the surgery would be preformed and the recovery time associated with it. The tear is a vertical tear from the urethra opening.
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.
Without being able to examine you coming there's no way I can exactly determine exactly the type of surgery that you would need. But if this involves a tear of the urethra, this probably would involve separating that tissue apart and sewing the urethra back together and then the overlying skin on the penis over the urethra. This would take about 4 to 6 weeks to completely heal. You would probably need a catheter in the bladder for about two weeks to let the tissue heal. But you really need to see a urologist for a complete examination to determine the exact procedure. They may need to do additional tests such as cystoscopy and an x-ray of the urethra called a retrograde urethrogram to see how severe the tear is. Hope this helps.