Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

This is moh 27 years old/80 kg/ 173 cm tall Good health

Customer Question
Hi This is moh 27 years...
Hi
This is moh 27 years old/80 kg/ 173 cm tall
Good health codition
Lately( since 1 year till now)
When penis being erect, and not touched for about 10 seconds, it falls down and sleeps
So it has to be touched continuously in order to be fully erect
Also to mention, since i was 17 yo ive been masturbating almost every day since then
Another problem that might be related:
Lately ( 3 years ago till now) i woke up about at least two times to urinate
And went to my local doctors ( 5 different urologists) nd they said everything is normal
( blood sugar, prostate size, flowmetry test ) are all normal
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Urology
3/18/2016
Urologist: Dr. D. Love, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr. D. Love, Doctor

Hello from JustAnswer.

Was the flow test a measure of urine flow or a test of blood flow?

Have you had any neurologic evaluation?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was a measure of urine flow and was goodNo havent had any neurologic evaluation

Thank you for the clarification.

There are both medical and psychological conditions that can interfere with erections. The doctors have evaluated for prostate disease and common metabolic conditions that can cause this. Additional medical conditions that cause difficulty with or loss of erections are diseases that affect blood flow or nerve function to the penis. There are ultrasound tests that can assess blood flow. The first step in a neurologic evaluation would be a neurologic examination.

A low testosterone also can affect erections, but may have been checked when other blood work was checked.

Common psychologic causes of difficulty with erections include anxiety and depression. If you are known to have one of these conditions, that would be suspicious of being the cause of the difficulty with erections.

There are also many men in whom a specific cause cannot be identified, but the above tests would be the usual evaluation to identify an underlying cause.

Is there any additional information that would be helpful?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When i touch myself i have difficulty reaching erections even with visual aids, more difficult than before.
But with a partner, it is much easier and erections last much longer when not touched
What could be the root cause

Many men find an encounter with a partner to be more stimulating. However, any of the conditions noted above can be the underlying cause the difficulty with achieving or maintaining an erection.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor