Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

I'm suvin.. my question is regarding a kidney test, I have

Customer Question
I'm suvin.. my question is...
I'm suvin.. my question is regarding a kidney test
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have kidney disease in the family so I keep doing a regular check I have got a creatinine of 1.15 which was in the normal range However my bun came at 19.1
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Urologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/17/2016
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 1 year ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist

Can you tell me what medical problems you have and what medications you are on?

A BUN level of 19 is not that bad. Slightly elevated BUN levels are typically a sign of dehydration. If you drink plenty of water to make your urine clear, this level should come down to normal. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist