Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I feel pain when I touch bottom left tip of my penis where…

Customer Question
I feel pain when I...
I feel pain when I touch bottom left tip of my penis where the end of foreskin and glans connects. It feels like bruise but I cannot visibly see anything unusual (the color looks normal, the shape looks normal, no ulcers, no hard lumps, etc). It has been like this for one week. I do not have STDs (just checked) and have not had sex for two months. I normally masterbate once a day or every other day. I try to leave it alone but the pain has not gotten better. Last night, I woke up in pain (only the complained area, not the entire penis) when I had erection during sleep. I saw an urologist two days ago about this. He quickly looked at it and told me not to worry about it. He thinks I have a tight foreskin which might have irritated the complained area when I masterbate or clean it after I urinate each time. I have never felt this pain before so I am worrying.
1) could this be penile cancer? I do not see any ulcers or hard lumps on my complained area. Can penile cancer be inside the glans? Does my symptoms sound like penile cancer?
2) is there any tests I can do to re-assure it's not penile cancer besides just looking at it?
3) what do you think this may be?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
3/13/2016
Urologist: Dr. David, MD replied 2 years ago

This is Dr. David

I am a cancer doctor.

this would not be penile cancer. you would be able to see skin lesions and a skin mass which would be skin cancer.

there are no other tests for penile cancer except a skin biopsy

and you don't need a skin biopsy if there is nothing to biopsy.

I agree with your urologist.

are you washing your penis and foreskin daily with mild soap and water daily?

you should be using a mild soap like Dove.