How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20389
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I think my issue is similar to this article. At least the

Customer Question

Hi there
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I think my issue is similar to this article. At least the first paragraph.
JA: OK. The Urologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Urologist can help you best.
Customer: I think the main thing is that there is a slight soreness inside the very tip of my penis. It doesn't really hurt that bad, but has been there for the last day or so and not gone away.
JA: Anything in this area seems awkward and painful so I really trust our Expert will find a solution for you fast. Is there anything else the Urologist should be aware of?
Customer: The only other thing that could help is that I have had unprotected sex recently. That always is in the back of the head whether it is because of that or not.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

The symptoms you describe our concerning for either a urine infection or possibly an STD. You need to get into see a doctor to have a girls done and you have STD testing done sounds like you probably need to be started on antibiotics for this. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, definitely will go into doctor. How quickly could something like this have popped up if it was a STD? Is it possible to have symptoms within a week after unprotected sex?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it is very possible to start as symptoms as soon as a week after your exposure. You need to get into be tested to soon as possible and be treated if necessary to prevent scarring in your urinary tract. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have questions. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.