How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Josh Your Own Question
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 5692
Experience:  General Physician, PGCSD
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr Josh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have hydrocele ,is there a treatment without

Customer Question

I have hydrocele ,is there a treatment without surgery....maybe cedical
JA: OK. The Urologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Urologist can help you best.
Customer: i had ultrasound everything good
JA: Is there anything else the Urologist should be aware of?
Customer: no no pain just swelling
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.


Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

What is your age?

When were you diagnosed with hydrocele?

Is it causing you any discomfort?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
age is 49,yes diagnosed with hydrocele,very little discomfort
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Hydroceles typically go away within six months.A hydrocele requires treatment only if it gets large enough to cause discomfort or disfigurement.

There are two methods of treatment: aspiration and hydrocelectomy (surgery).

In aspiration, a needle is used to drain the fluid.But hydroceles that are aspirated often return, and surgery may then be needed.Surgery may be recommended if your hydrocele is large or uncomfortable. A very small cut in the scrotum is made to drain the fluid from the testis.

There is no approved method to treat hydrocele with drugs or medical treatment.

Bot***** *****ne is that as you are not having much discomfort,I advise you to wait & watch to see if it progress or cause any pain.

Treatment is not usually needed if a hydrocele does not change in size or gets smaller as the body reabsorbs the fluid.

Only if it causes any pain,or any discomfort only then above described treatment is required.

Hope this helped

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards