Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Dr.
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Creactinine is 1.14 and egfr 47. I am lean and work out

Customer Question

Creactinine is 1.14 and egfr 47. I am lean and work out daily. is this bad?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had this done at Life Line testing. I am 69 years of age and work out daily and eat right. Cholesteral is optimal and everything else normal. Am I losing my kidneys?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Urologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

The creatinine is slightly on the higher side but not too concerning.

I would recommend that you should increase your fluid intake and repeat this test after four to eight weeks time after you have significantly increased your fluid intake.

Low fluid intake can cause this result as well.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here

by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.
Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.
Kindest regards