Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

I am wondering if I have anal warts. When put my finger in

Customer Question

I am wondering if I have anal warts. When put my finger in the rectal cavity it does not feel smooth but has sort of like bumps or ridges. Is that normal or should it pretty much be smooth?
JA: The Urologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Urologist can help you best.
Customer: Well I don't have any trouble going #2 and no blood in the stool or pain.
JA: Is there anything else the Urologist should be aware of?
Customer: Well I have had unprotected sex and been penetrated anally before but never let anyone orgasm inside of me.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Urologist responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Urologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

There are normal ridges in the rectal tissue but it should be mostly smooth. If there are bumps, this is most likely a hemorrhoid you are feeling. You wil have to see your doctor for an exam to confirm. Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think you are right I do believe they are internal hemorrhoids. What can I do to alleviate them and cause them to go away? I will start by drinking lots of water, taking a fiber blend, using preparation H. Any other suggestions?cheers,
john
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

For internal hemorrhoids, you need to make sure that you have normal bowel movements. Constipation is the most common cause of internal hemorrhoids. You need to be on a bowel regimen to keep your stool soft. Besides that, using Preparation H is the only thing you can do on your own. They do not go away, and you may need a simple surgical procedure by general surgeon to get rid of them.