Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

My son has "shy bladder" or pauresis. He is unable to work…

Customer Question
My son has "shy bladder"...
My son has "shy bladder" or pauresis. He is unable to work and cannot get disability. Is there a cure? Please advise.
c
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
3/9/2016
Urologist: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Has he had complete testing to show that his bladder physically works and it is all due to "shy bladder"

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

- He had complete physical by a urologist in Reston, Virginia in August 2009. The results were that there was nothing wrong.Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?
He suffers with a herniated disc. He takes Xanax for anxiety.
Dr. Rick, Are you still there?
Dr. Rick?
Dr. Rick,
When can I expect to get an answer?
- He suffers with a herniated disc. He takes Xanax for anxiety.

Sorry. I had to get back to my afternoon clinic -- busy day.

At this point I think the best thing for your son to do would be to gather up copies of all his medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that your son could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

They would also be able to provide state-of-the-art psychological therapy to address his "shy bladder" issue.
Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD