Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

The tip of my penis burns for about 3 seconds after I pee…

Customer Question
The tip of my penis...
The tip of my penis burns for about 3 seconds after I pee but it's not everytime. If I drink a lot of fluids it doesn't burn
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
3/6/2016
Urologist: Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident replied 2 years ago
Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident

HI

How is your urine flow ?

Any blood in urine ?

Any redness or discharge from the tip of the penis?

Does it pain during ejaculation?

Please let me know.

Dr.Tharun

Urine flow is good. No blood. No discharge. No pain during ejaculation

HI

Seems like a non specific inflammation of the urethra which should settle of its own.If it was some infection there should be some redness or itching or discharge which is absent in your case.Urinary infection would have caused some burning while passing urine.

Keep drinking lot of water. You can have cranberry juices which is useful in such cases. You can take a short course of anti -inflammatory drugs like motrin or aleve for 2-3 days.If it increases show it to a doctor who can order some basic tests.

I hope this helps you.

If you have any doubts, please let me know.

Dr.Tharun

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist