Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Name is ***** *****, kidney stones and constipation, on

Customer Question
Name is ***** *****...

Name is ***** *****, kidney stones and constipation

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

On sunday i got a severe pain on my right side back went screaming into er where they did cat scan and found 3mm stone... i was given morphine terradol for a day and sent home with ibuprofen and percocet anti nausea and flomax, been eating fine but no poop since sat night... so they told me today to drink milk of magesia bc i have gas and pain from constipation and stone.... i was also given colace, my question is can i take colace and milk of magnesia together? and can i still take the ibuprofen and percocet cause the stone is hurting

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
3/5/2016
Urologist: Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident replied 2 years ago
Dr. Tharun
Dr. Tharun, Urology Resident

Hi

Can you mention your age and gender?

Did you have constipation before this episode ?

Any medical illness ?

please let me know.

Dr.Tharun

I am 41.... No I believe constipation began with pain pills
No med illnesses
Female

HI

Both are stool softeners. You can try the milk of magnesia first. If you are still constipated then you can add colace.

Percocet is fine , but avoid ibuprofen as much as possible.Keep it SOS only.