Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

What would cause my husband to be urinating blood?

Customer Question
what would cause my husband to be urinating blood?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
3/4/2016
Urologist: Dr Josh, Physician replied 2 years ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician

Is he having burning urination?

For how long he has this problem?

Does he has increased frequency of urination?

Thanks

no burning just started ... flank pain no increase in urination

Dear,

Thanks for all these additional details.

These symptoms can occur due to various reasons. The most common causes are -
-Kidney and bladder stones,
-Urinary tract infection,
-STD.

As he is having flank pain with blood in urine, this is most likely indicative of Kidney stone.
He need to undergo few tests for diagnosis-
-Urine test,
-X-ray pelvis,
-Ultrasound of lower abdomen.
For the time, he should take plenty of fluids and drink Cranberry juice. He can take Tylenol for pain.
He should see doctor urgently for checkup and treatment. He will be advised medications, after tests and clinical evaluation. In case he is repeatedly having blood in urine, then please don't delay and see doctor immediately in ER. Otherwise you can get it checked by tomorrow.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business

I hope this helps.

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician