How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Josh Your Own Question
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 5674
Experience:  General Physician, PGCSD
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr Josh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 36 year old women and have microscopic traces of

Customer Question

Hi I am a 36 year old women and have microscopic traces of blood in my urine. No pain or urinary discomfort. My doctor wants to do further testing and send me to a urologist. I feel like I am too young for anything serious. What are possible reasons for the bleeding? What types of tests can be done to rule out serious conditions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.


Do you have increased urine frequency?

Are you on any medications?

Any other health or medical problems.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No medications and no increase. I am a very healthy person with no medical concerns.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The reason they found the blood was because I had pain in my back. Although it was lower back. So they tested me for a urine infection. No infection but they found traces of blood. I am not menstrating I no longer get periods.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I increased my workouts the last few months so they said my back pain was likely a sprain. I no longer have periods due to a DNC and ablation surgery in 2012.
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 year ago.


Thanks for all these additional details.

I am sorry to hear about your problems.

Well, possible reasons for such traces of blood in urine are-

1)Urinary tract infection.
2)Kidney or bladder stones.
3)Bladder infection.

Here bladder infection is the most common cause at your age.

A high fluid intake is essential. You should drink cranberry juice. You should avoid caffeine and alcohol.

From my clinical experience, I am pretty sure that it is not related with any serious issue. No need to get panic.

You may need further tests-

-Urine culture test,
-X-ray pelvis,
-Ultrasound of lower abdomen.

These tests would be diagnostic, and help in making precise diagnose.

Based upon the type of infection, antibiotics will be advised.

Please don't worry, it is not related with any serious issue.

Please consult your doctor for clinical checkup and get appropriate management.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business