Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I started to take propecia and noticed a decrease in libido…

Customer Question
I started to take...

I started to take propecia and noticed a decrease in libido and sexual desire in 5 days. i stopped taking it (this is my second day off) and yesterday expierenced pain when i am able to ejaculate and while i pee. I urinate frequently and always have the feeling that i am unable to fully empty my bladder. the urine comes out in little drips. i am 22 years old i have had no complications like this before using this medication. Am i stuck like this forever? or will this go away? i dont know what to do. I was already checked for UTI and it was negative. My name is ***** *****

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I have not been able to achieve a full erection and there is a feeling of cold numbness to the tip of my penis. I am very scared and Dont know what to do about it. What should i ask my primary doctor? do the symptoms i have go away ?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/1/2016
Urologist: DrRussMd, Board certified internist replied 2 years ago
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist

Hello

This drug is out of your system within 48 hours.

After this, it is not just the drug.

So if you have these symptoms more than 2 or 3 days, you need to see a urologist, I would be concerned about the prostate gland, or stricture or the urethra.

There are ways they can check this with examination and testing.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

DrRussMd
DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist