How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMd Your Own Question
DrRussMd, Board certified internist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 65285
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
DrRussMd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I started to take propecia and noticed a decrease in libido

Customer Question

i started to take propecia and noticed a decrease in libido and sexual desire in 5 days. i stopped taking it (this is my second day off) and yesterday expierenced pain when i am able to ejaculate and while i pee. I urinate frequently and always have the feeling that i am unable to fully empty my bladder. the urine comes out in little drips. i am 22 years old i have had no complications like this before using this medication. Am i stuck like this forever? or will this go away? i dont know what to do. I was already checked for UTI and it was negative. My name is ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have not been able to achieve a full erection and there is a feeling of cold numbness to the tip of my penis. I am very scared and Dont know what to do about it. What should i ask my primary doctor? do the symptoms i have go away ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Urologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.


This drug is out of your system within 48 hours.

After this, it is not just the drug.

So if you have these symptoms more than 2 or 3 days, you need to see a urologist, I would be concerned about the prostate gland, or stricture or the urethra.

There are ways they can check this with examination and testing.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.