Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have a question about an issue i have been having with sex…

Customer Question
hello, i have a question...
hello, i have a question about an issue i have been having with sex for a while now can anyone here help me find some answers?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
2/27/2016
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist

How can I help you?

The problem that I'm having the best way to describe is the opposite of premature ejaculation I can have sex with my girlfriend for 3 or 4 hours and nothing happens it's even difficult to maintain an erection the entire time she is very attractive and cannot get pregnant and thanks to my epilepsy there is a slim to none chance that I can get her pregnant so I don't understand what is wrong
She isn't having that problem she orgasms easily 15 to 16 times every time we do it

What medications do you take? Besides epilepsy, what other medical problems do you have?

Besides epilepsy none I may be a bit outta shape but that's it

What do you take for your epilepsy?

Trileptal and Depakote I have spoken with my neurologist and he said that neither of those should have that effect

Ok. Well it possible that you may have a problem with low testosterone, or high prolactin levels. You need to get in to see a urologist or endocrinologist for an exam to determine if these are problems. If they are, then you may need to be started on testosterone or a medication called cabergoline to restore these levels. Hope this helps.