Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

About 5 weeks ago I had what I thought was a UTI. I have had…

Customer Question
About 5 weeks ago I...
About 5 weeks ago I had what I thought was a UTI. I have had these in the past and it stung when I urinated and I felt like I needed to urinate all the time but only a little bit would come out. I drunk lots & lots of water and seemed to flush it out. Since then I have not felt right. I have the feeling in my bladder area (well that's where I think it is) like I am heavily pregnant & something is pressing on my bladder. I don't feel like I need to urinate as such, it just feels annoying. There are no other symptoms such as stinging during urination etc. I have been to my GP and had a urine test done & sent to the lab and it came back negative for any infections or blood etc.
I just feel uncomfortable in that area and I do feel like I need to go to the toilet or like something is pressing on it even after I have emptied my bladder. I am really worried since these has been going on for about 4-5 weeks now. I just want a second opinion as my GP isn't giving me any answers.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
2/22/2016
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist

It sounds like you are having bladder spasms. This could be due to the condition called overactive bladder. Your doctor needs to consider putting you on a medication such as oxybutynin to stop the bladder spasms to see if this helps give us all of your symptoms. You may need to see urologist to help create this. Hope this helps.

I have been having trouble with my account hence why I couldn't reply until now. I don't have the urgency to urinate so could this still be overactive bladder?
Is there a possibility it could be bladder cancer? I am very worried about this as my symptoms don't point to an infection, I am just uncomfortable in my bladder area, particularly when walking or moving. When I urinate I don't let as much urinate out as I used to. Very worried about the whole situation.I have also started getting cramps and discomfort in the left side of my abdomen (about in line with my belly button but over to the left side and slightly around to be back). Could this be related to my bladder issue?

This sensation can be related to a bladder issue. The "weird sensation" is likely a bladder spasm that you are experiencing. This is likely why you are not urinating much when you have to go.

This is not bladder cancer at your age.