Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

It's been two years since I was tested positive for Gential…

Customer Question
It's been two years since...
It's been two years since I was tested positive for Gential warts. I haven't seen now signs of new warts. With no warts, can I still pass on the virus to another?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
2/20/2016
Urologist: Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

Have you had any treatment for the warts or did they just go away on their own?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

While it is possible to shed the virus without an existing wart it is much less common.

Here is a good article from a highly respected source that you might find interesting:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/genital-warts/multimedia/male-genital-warts/img-20007073

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS