Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

After activity awhile back, my penis began to bleed a small…

Customer Question
After sexual activity awhile back...
After sexual activity awhile back, my penis began to bleed a small amount of blood, but I felt no pain. It happened again last night. Today it seemed to have bled while flaccid. Could it be a broken blood vessel? I have no other symptoms to report.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/15/2016
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist

Is the blood coming from the urethra? Do you have trouble urinating at all?

from the urethra. No trouble urinating.

Is the blood in the urine or is it in the semen?

Neither. It just bleeds on its own.

Ok. I can't tell what this bleeding is coming from but it sounds like something in the urethra. It could be some scar tissue. You need to get in to see a urologist for an exam and cystoscopy to look in the urethra to see what is bleeding. Hope this helps.

Would the treatment for this be expensive?

It all depends on what needs to be done. If it just requires a dilation, this should be relatively inexpensive. I have no idea as to the exact cost though as every hospital and doctor's office varies in what they charge.

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist