DrRussMd
DrRussMd, Board certified internist
Experience:  In internal medicine we deal with prostate, bladder and kidney diseases, including cancers.
24257177

Greetings, I am a 48-Year-old Male, 270 Lbs. 6' 1” normally

Customer Question

Greetings,
I am a 48-Year-old Male, 270 Lbs. 6’ 1” normally healthy no problems before a few weeks ago.
Currently I am employed as a Sales Delivery Specialist for an oilfield chemical company. I drive a F550 flat deck truck and transport 210L drums on rough roads which I roll on and off manually, also I climb the deck truck 20-40 times a day.
I had a pain in my right testicle a few weeks ago. It was enlarged and I thought I could feel a lump. After a visit to my Doctor he had a quick look and prescribed me a 7 Day course of Ciprofloxacin 500mg twice a day as well an a Diclo SR 75mg once a day. After 6 days there was no improvement I went to see my doctor again. He asked me to stop the Diclo SR which was the only thing that gave me some relief as I had a black stool. He sent me over for a Scrotal Ultrasound.
I can bend over, cough work move drums climb truck etc. The problem is that my testicles feel like they are in a vice, not so much in the AM but at around 1PM it gets really bad. Standing up seems the best way to get some relief. My testicles swell to double their size. Bellow is the test results from my Ultrasound. My doctor gave me a Varicocele patient hand out and is trying to set me up with a specialist implying there is a problem with having one, in the meantime I am off work for a week and in a lot of pain. The Ultrasound report says I have one not that there is anything wrong with it.
If you can give me any advice or things, I can try to relief the pain I would be forever grateful. We live in a small town about 350KM North of Edmonton, AB. I did get some more 75mg Dilco SR today and took one 4Hrs ago so far no improvement. Should I request another test? My Doctor has always been very good for me; however, I am suspicious that he may be out of his depth with my current situation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exam/Service Date: 04-Feb-2016 9:45 AM
i
SCROTAL ULTRASOUND REMOTELY SUPERVISED ULTRASOUND
CLINICAL HISTORY: SCROTAL LUMP SUPERIOR TO RIGHT TESTIS.
Findings:
The testes are uniform in echotexture and are perfused. “There is no evidence of a testicular mass. The epididymis is normal bilaterally.
No hydrocele is identified and there is no extratesticular scrotal mass. Bilateral varicocele is noted IMPRESSION:
NORMAL TESTES. ESI LATERAL. VARICOCELE.
S Garry MD, Pacier 12435
Dictated using voice recognition technology.
Electronically signed 04-Feb-2016 10:54 AM
For general inquiries regarding this report, please email us at***@******.***.
For physicians to contact the radiologist directly:
In Alberta, page die radiologist through the Alberta Health Services paging system at(###) ###-####
Category: Urology
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

Hello

You need to see a urologist.

A varicocele that causes pain is a surgical problem and needs correction.

Tortion of the testicle, and resistant infection , and epidytimitus also need to be ruled out.

I would ask your doctor for the referral.

If this gets worse, go to the ER. They will arrange to do further testing, they will call a urologist in if this is a pending emergency.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did have a CBC count which was normal so a epidytimitus infection is rulled out? I have no fever, no blood in any of my bodily fluids so no infection? The Emergency Room sounds like a good alternative; however its 4 Hrs away.... how bad would this have to be to be considered an emergency?
Expert:  DrRussMd replied 1 year ago.

A normal CBC does not rule out epitytimitus.

If it is severe pain, it is an emergency.

See my additional services offer.

Or please click a positive here.