Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had one encounter of msm protected anal receiving sex a…

Customer Question
I had one encounter of...
I had one encounter of msm protected anal receiving sex a month and a half ago. I have a dull ache is n my lower abdomen for a few days. My anxiety is high I am concerned about std mainly gonnareah and clamidya. I have had no other symptoms that might suggest, my testicles seem sensitive. It feels like hunger pain constant.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
2/2/2016
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist

The symptoms you describe sounds like you may be having bladder spasms. This could be from a bladder infection. There's no way to narrow down what type of infection you may have based on your symptoms. Any STD could potential he cause your symptoms as well. If you had risky sexual relations, you definitely need to get into see your doctor to have STD testing done as well as a urine culture to see what antibiotics you need to treat this. Hope this helps

Would this symptom be alone or with others if std, would protected sex be risky?

If this was an STD, typically you would have some discharge from the urethra. Your symptoms are more consistent with a bladder infection. You could get any type of infection whether you have protected or unprotected intercourse.