Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have blood and whites cells but no bacteria growth, what…

Customer Question
I have blood and whites...
I have blood and whites cells but no bacteria growth , what could this be because I can't see a urologist for two months
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
1/29/2016
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist

Do you have a history of smoking? Do you have pain with this blood in the urine?

No smoking thought I had bladder infection but those symptoms went away in five hours

If you had symptoms of a bladder infection but they did not detect an actual infection, then the test may have just missed the bacteria. The most likely cause of the findings in the urine is an infection. If they did not send a formal urine culture, this is what they need to do to identify the bacteria. But the fact that you had blood in the urine requires a full evaluation which includes a CT scan and cystoscopy done by a urologist. Other possible causes of the findings in the urine include kidney stones or tumors of the urinary tract. This is why this a valuation is very important. While tumors are not that likely, they certainly cannot be missed. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.

Thank you

You're welcome. I wish you the very best. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist