Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Urology

What causes blood in urine

Customer Question
what causes blood in urine
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Urology
1/29/2016
Urologist: Dr Josh, Physician replied 1 year ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician

Hello

Welcome to Justanswer website.

Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern

Do you mean that you had blood in urine which was diagnosed as UTI?

Do you have pain during urination?

Do you still have blood in urine?

What are your present symptoms?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Myself Dr. Josh?. Not sure if blood in urine when diagnosed. No pain more pressure. Can't see blood just cloudy urine

Dear customer

Thank you for the reply.

Blood in urine is medically called as hematuria.

Often, bloody urine is from a problem in your kidneys or other parts of the urinary tract.Its most common causes are:kidney stones and bladder stones,infection of the bladder, kidney, or urethra.Other causes can be blood related disorders or certain medications can also cause this.

As you had history of significant blood in urine several weeks ago & the cause was diagnosed as UTI which was treated with macrobid antibiotics for 7 days.

And now you have cloudy urine,so you need following tests:

-Repeat Urinalysis(Urine culture & sensitivity test)
-Ultrasound/X-ray KUB

Cloudy urine suggests the presence of excess white blood cells from a UTI, the presence of crystals of salts from uric acid or from phosphoric acid, or the presence of any vaginal discharge.A urinary tract infection(UTI) can cause cloudy urine.

Reccurence of UTI is very common..There are certain risk factors which make more prone to reccurence of UTI like kidney stones,narrowed urethra, not drinking enough fluids,sexual intercourse.

So I advise you to make an appointment with your urologist for the repeat urine tests & radiological tests(if required) to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Dr Josh
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Physician