Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Lump on penis now swelling, redness, heat, and discharge.

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
1/29/2016
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist

Can you please post a photo of the affected area?

Are you sexually active?

Not sexually active. I am sorry to say that I am rather a hermit (using my mom's credit card for this :-)). I do masterbate A LOT, because I have severe OCD so I have trouble dealing with people. I am really worried about this. My mom says that when I was little, my penis would swell and have a discharge and she would take me to the doctor.
Sorry to bother, but when do you think I should receive an answer? Thanks!
Will my question be answered? Thanks!

This looks like you have an infection on the skin of your penis. It's possible you may have introduced some bacteria under the skin from masturbating. You need to get into see a urologist immediately or go to the emergency room for examination as you will likely need to be started on antibiotics to prevent this infection from spreading. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.

Prior to this infection, I had a lump on the top of the penis that was shaped like an eyeball cut in half. Do you think this could be the cause of the infection?

Yes, that was most likely the cause of the infection. You definitely need to get in to be seen for antibiotics.