How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20388
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Lump on penis now swelling, redness, heat, and discharge.

Customer Question

Lump on penis now swelling, redness, heat, and discharge.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Can you please post a photo of the affected area?

Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Are you sexually active?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sexually active. I am sorry to say that I am rather a hermit (using my mom's credit card for this :-)). I do masterbate A LOT, because I have severe OCD so I have trouble dealing with people. I am really worried about this. My mom says that when I was little, my penis would swell and have a discharge and she would take me to the doctor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to bother, but when do you think I should receive an answer? Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will my question be answered? Thanks!
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

This looks like you have an infection on the skin of your penis. It's possible you may have introduced some bacteria under the skin from masturbating. You need to get into see a urologist immediately or go to the emergency room for examination as you will likely need to be started on antibiotics to prevent this infection from spreading. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Prior to this infection, I had a lump on the top of the penis that was shaped like an eyeball cut in half. Do you think this could be the cause of the infection?
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, that was most likely the cause of the infection. You definitely need to get in to be seen for antibiotics.