Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
32613003

What is the current state -of-the-art for ED. My local

Customer Question

What is the current state -of-the-art for ED. My local Urologist has recently retired. He had treated me 3 years ago with steroids Viagra and Cialis; penile injections of extra strength triple mix hd titrate. I did not get much results from his protocol. He said I might have a circulatory problem, and an implant was the only alternative 2 years ago. I'm 72 old and otherwise in good health.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Penile implants are the current state of the art for patients who do not respond to oral medications or injections. These devices have come along way since the 1980s. They were highly resistant to infection and 90 to 95% of patients are extremely satisfied with the devices. If you are healthy enough to have surgery, you should strongly consider having surgery to have one of these implants placed to restore your sex life. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions