Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Iam 56 woman. I have been having trouble for about a year. I…

Customer Question
Iam 56 woman. I have...
Iam 56 woman. I have been having trouble for about a year. I had bad uti last year. Then pancreatitus in August. I was having terrible pinching when I finished urinating. I went to dr. Got some relief with replens then went to GYN everything okay she said I did have blood in my urine, and prob from uti. It did get better still getting up at night 3 times...then no more pinching until last week. Horrible for 2 days last night up 6 times! I did see black specks in my urine last week but did not have pain...?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/25/2016
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist

Were you treated with antibiotics? Which one? Did they do a urine culture to identify the bacteria?

I took bactrim and cleared up infection. After that they said I did not show infection. But did have little blood in my urine.
We only have one doctor in our county...hard to see him.
Can't remember what type, was told two kinds and given some antibiotics didn't work from walking clinic..didn't work went to my md he put me on bactrim worked quickly.

Blood in the urine can be an indication of a urine infection, prostate cancer, kidney stones, or tumors of the kidneys, ureters, or bladder. Recurrent infections can be caused by stones or tumors. This is why it is important to get in to see a urologist to have a CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis done and cystoscopy to rule out the stones and cancerous causes. While the cancerous causes are not likely, they should not be missed and this is why this evaluation is very important. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have questions.

Don't have blood on urine just now just pinching sometimes when I pee and hurts when I drink caffeine. .plus get up at least 3 times to go at night! Sometimes more?

These sound like signs of either overactive bladder or cystitis. You need to see a urologist to do cystoscopy to evaluate for cystitis. They can start you on oxybutynin to se if this stops bladder spasms.

I had a MRI last August because I had pancreatitus it showed I had dilated duct on test so had to do MRI did not see any stones...said I had hiatal hernea. Didn't say anything else.
Okay do you know any that would be good in Omaha Ne?
Thanks

MRI is no good for this. You need a CT scan. Unfortunately, I don't know any urologists in your area

If have to take meds for how long?

Everyone differs in that. Some people have to be on it for life but some can come off after a year or so