Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

I was wondering what would cause frequent urination and a…

Customer Question
I was wondering what would...
I was wondering what would cause frequent urination and a little pain
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/24/2016
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist

How long have you had these symptoms?

Little over 24 hours

These are symptoms of a urinary tract infection. You need to get in to see your doctor for a urine culture and you'll likely need to be started on antibiotics to treat this. Hope this helps and let me know of you have questions.

I took a home uti test and it said negative and I took a keytone test and that was normal and a urinalysis strips and all of that was normal besides my ph was at a 7.0
I don't have pain when I pee I only have pressure above it and then when I go it's not there

If it's not a urine infection, then this may be bladder spasms from a condition called overactive bladder. You should see your doctor to consider a prescription of a medication called oxybutynin to see if this stops your symptoms.

I can't afford a doctor right now or a emergency room visit I'm not working at the time
I just want to rule out that it's not anything to do with diabetes

The only way you can tell if this is severe diabetes is to see if there is glucose on your urine dipstick. If there is, then this is likely diabetes

My urine stick for glucose was good what can I do at home for this cause like I said I have no insurance not working can't afford a doctor or a er visit

You can take some over the counter cranberry supplement to see if this goes away. A UTI that was not detected on your urine dipstick is still the most likely cause of the acute onset of these symptoms

Is that ok to take with a thyroid problem and taking meds with it

Yes. It would be perfectly safe. I wish you the best. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.

How much do I take

Every formulation is different. Just follow the direction on the box when you buy it

all this could just be a minor one that didn't detect cause all I have is frequent urination some pressure and some cramping

Yes. That is correct

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist