How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Y. Your Own Question
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist
Category: Urology
Satisfied Customers: 20386
Experience:  I am fellowship trained specializing in general urology and reconstructive urology.
Type Your Urology Question Here...
Dr. Y. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a 55 yr old male and have had recent pain in one of my

Customer Question

I'm a 55 yr old male and have had recent pain in one of my testicles during ejaculation. The pain goes away and only occurs during this time. I want to see a doctor but should I see a urologist? Is this prostate related?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Urology
Expert:  Dr. Y. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, a urologist would be the appropriate doctor to see for this issue. This sounds like you may have a possible infection or inflammation in the testicles or even the prostate. It could possibly be related to prostatitis. They will need to do a urine culture in a prostate exam to see if you have any signs of infection that may need to be treated with antibiotics. Hope this helps and let me know if you have questions.