Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

A couple months ago I started coming up with rashes and bump…

Customer Question
Hello,A couple months ago I...
Hello,A couple months ago I started coming up with rashes and bump on my penis so anyways got it checked out and it come back as ballantitis I havnt had sex with any new sexual partners and have a couple new marks come up which I just wanted to make sure we're OK
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
Also had a full screen sti test end of November all
Come back negative
1/20/2016
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist

Can you post a photo of the bumps?

When I stretch the skin out seem to be a rash more than a bump
Could this just be skin irritation ?
also the head of the penis foreskin isn't the easiest to pull back sometimes

This looks like an inflammatory condition called balanoposthitis. You should see your doctor for an exam and they can prescribe a topical steroid cream called betamethasone to help this go away. Hope this helps.

Is this condition serious ? Is this simular to Ballantis, I have a steroid cream right now called daktakort

The correct steroid to use is betamethasone. This is not a serious condition, t is highly treatable. Hope this helps and please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.

I will leave best feedback thanks:) I got the cream yesterday, a similar red mark has appeared on the forskin no pain or itchiness just a another red mark, is there anything I can do to stop these or will the cream in time stop them of coming out ?RegardsDave

The cream is what will stop this from coming back. It will take several weeks for this to heal.

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist