Urology

Have Urology Questions? Ask a Urologist Online.

Ask a Doctor,

Y, issue regarding pink urine, Noticed some pink urine in…

Customer Question
Hi Dr. Y, issue...

Hi Dr. Y, issue regarding pink urine

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Noticed some pink urine in the toilet about 3 months ago, and it happened again on saturday afternoon. Dont have any other symptoms.

Doctor's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Urology Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Wil do

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Urology
1/18/2016
Urologist: Dr. Y., Urologist replied 2 years ago
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist

Are you make or female? How old are you? Do you have pain with urination? Do you smoke?

Hi, male 46 years old, no pain, never smoked.

Do you have a history of kidney stones?

No.
Dr Y, you still alive? :)

Yes, sorry for the delay. Blood in the urine can be an indication of a prostate infection, prostate cancer, kidney stones, or tumors of the kidneys, ureters, or bladder. This is why it is important to get in to see a urologist to have a CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis done and cystoscopy to rule out the stones and cancerous causes. While the cancerous causes are not likely, they should not be missed and this is why this evaluation is very important. Hope this helps and please let me know if you have questions.

Thanks....

You're welcome. Please don't forget to leave me a rating. Thanks.

Dr. Y.
Dr. Y.
Dr. Y., Urologist